Within a very less time of our life, Facebook has become an addiction to most of us and for which it has achieved a good fame and has become quite popular being the no. 1 website on the Web. Most of us have developed such a kind of habit that we keep on switching on to our FB Account several times a day and some or the other time we keep on chit chatting with our friends, etc.
If I talk about myself then I have my Facebook login near about hundred times a day but the device is not the same one every time. As I use to login from the different devices like mobile phone, desktop, laptop or be it the office workstation and I often leave my Facebook account on without logging out. I am sure that it also happens with most of you. Right!
In one hand this thing doesn’t matter a lot but if you think about it in another way then you are welcoming the Hackers to hack our account as we leave our account without logging out then any stranger can access it and can spread a vast net for you to be grabbed in there clutches. Now the matters arises that we should be always attentive enough and not forget to log out our account as by doing this it prevents the unwanted access to your account.
There are some solutions for the sufferer to stop the hackers to be stopped in their way. Discussed below is a list of methods to avert the next person to way in to your account in order to use your device and among those the easiest of it is to log out. In case your handset gets stolen, then it’s a complete different matter. We have sorted out certain significant options which are going to help you put a stop to the others from accessing your personal Facebook account. So what are you waiting for? Let’s have a look.
1. Make a sturdy Password: You are already having your password for Facebook but it is wise for you to be certain that your Facebook password is one of a kind and poles apart from the rest of your other online accounts. Suppose you’re changing your password then you can have a best example as mishmash the small and capital letters, numbers and symbols while creating a strong password.
To change the password: go to Account Settings > General > Password > Edit.
2. Verify your Mobile Number: Among the other important ways, one of the good ways to enhance your account security on Facebook is confirming your mobile number. Confirming your Cell Number plays a most significant role while you lose or forget your password. In case you have lost your password then Facebook can send you a new one through an SMS.
While adding your mobile number” Go to Account Settings > Mobile and click on Add a Phone.
You need to set your country and then set the mobile carrier before clicking Next.
After that will be provide with an instruction to send an SMS to the number. You need to go after the instructions to get a code through SMS, and after that enter the code into the column.
Another thing you can do is use the option to Share your number with your friends on Facebook and subsequently allow friends to text me from Facebook. Later on choose your liking and click Next.
Now you have completely registered your mobile phone with Facebook and as per your needs, you can use up this connection to activate your Facebook account again.
3. Get the Secure browsing activate now: You have to make sure that your browsing activity within Facebook is protected so that you can have the Secure browsing option on. By following this step you can have limited external applications which have been associated with the Facebook from harming or tracking your personal information without your permission that too automatically.
Get started securing your account just by clicking on the drop down menu option from the top corner (right) of your Facebook account and then go to the ‘’Account Settings’’.
Pick the Security option from the left menu.
Click the Edit link found at the right, at the Secure Browsing section. The option panel will show you ‘check’ the box Browse Facebook on a secure connection. After that you can just click on the Save Changes button.
4. Turn on the ‘Login Approvals’: Facebook offers another important feature known as ‘Login approvals’ which is an extended security feature. This feature asks you to put a security code every time you will start to access your Facebook account from any of the devices which is not familiar. While you need to activate the Login Approvals you have to go to Account Settings > Security, when the Login Approvals appear you can simply click on the ‘Edit button’.
There will be an option where the Login Approvals will be activated. After it gets appeared put a tick in the check box to activate the Login Approvals.
After doing as above, there will be a popup window shown along with the descriptions of login approvals. Tick on the ‘Set Up Now’ button to go on.
Automatically Facebook will send you a code through the SMS, if you have already registered your mobile number. After getting the code you have to put on the code in the blank box which has been given and after putting it you can click on Submit Code.
Here you complete with Login Approvals request. Again to continue, click on the next option.
After the completion of this process, Facebook will ask you to setup a Code Generator from your mobile phone which is useful while you are not able to receive any SMS. Click the Continue option to carry on.
Code Generator App for Android phones
In case you are not having the ‘Facebook Mobile App’ then download the app from the Google Play and after you have done with the download process to your mobile then click on the Next.
Once you get it downloaded, then the Facebook will let you the instructions so that you can install the Code Generator. In order to install, the launch your Facebook App you need to tap on menu > Account > Code Generator > Add App. Click on the Finish Setup below to continue.
As you have got the Code Generator active, now Facebook will guide you by letting you the exact stepladder to use the code generator. Whenever you want to generate a new code for the next time, then you just need to simply launch your app as, tap on Account > Code Generator and then you’ll get the code appeared. As you have completed with the steps click on the Close option.
5. Now disconnect the Previous Active Sessions: As we all know that Facebook is very good at letting us to know about our previous active sessions, where we have login from as well as informs us about the devices we have used to access our Facebook account. Get yourself confirmed that your account is safe now by following the Account Settings > Security page, get the ‘Active Sessions‘and then click on the Edit option.
Now you will be served with the list of the previous sessions collectively with the existing active session found at the top of the list. To destroy the activities from the other devices, just click on the link’ End Activity‘.
6. Activate the Private Browsing: You can also apply another way to stop any person from accessing your Facebook account by activating the ‘Private Browsing’ option from your browsers. All of the browsers carry this private browsing option and the entire activity will not get logged into the browsing history.
Safari : Are you a user of Mac and using the Safari Browser? Then activate the Private Browsing from the menu with Safari > Private Browsing.
Firefox: If you are using Firefox, then go to Tools > Start Private Browsing.
Chrome: The users of Chrome out there can have the option to browse with the use of the Incognito window. The Incognito window is a version of Chrome window where all browsing activity will not be logged in. To open this window, go to File > New Incognito Window.
7. Don’t ‘Keep Me Logged In’: At the Log In page, you will be showed with a small checkbox which texts that ‘Keep me logged in’ and you just need to be sure that this box is unchecked. After that you can log in as usual and when it will be on, then facebook will ask you for your email and password each and every time you get the FB page launched.
8. Pass up the Spam Links: Spam is a very serious matter in Facebook. Facebook often enhances its features so that it can assure you that you are safe from being a victim reasoning the scams. If you are not that familiar with the types of scams then they are money scams which take place via direct or indirect requests through the Facebook messages, chat, etc. Another type of scam is phishing links which sends you fake websites, nasty links which can take back your personal information or can even harm your computer. Moreover, there are also chances that you may receive emails from ‘Facebook’ but in fact those emails will be from a phishing website.
Facebook Security – If you have become a victim then you can avoid in many ways.
You just need to keep in mind that if at any moment you find any unknown or doubtful link then simply avoid clicking in to it even if it is from your friends or relatives. For instance you have received any link, then be a step ahead and do not hesitate to ask your friend about what the link is? As you must be sure about the link is actually from your friend or not. These links are generally sent without the knowledge of the sender and these types of link appears in your Facebook Chat, Messages, friend’s status post, from your email and others.
Another to remember is that never let the others know about your username or password and don’t even say anyone about the websites with suspicious links and layouts. If you will give your passwords to anyone then it could put you at risk and could also harm the security of your personal information on Facebook. Also remember that Log in only at www.facebook.com and not from any other link.
Keep on updating your browser to its latest version so that you will be sure that your browser’s security is up to date and for which it will let you aware with a warning while you will be navigating to a suspected phishing website.
9. Sign Out after use: Last but not the least, and the most important one among the all is that never forget to sign out from your Facebook account.
I hope now you are quite aware of the misleading as well as the solution to rescue. Just simply follow the above mentioned steps and browse your Facebook with being worried about any harm or hacking. Many of the people among us can’t even get in there mind that their online accounts would be hacked and there are also many people out there on the Web who are having there devils eye on the others website to trap and gain access to their sensitive information. So those innocent people must be well aware of the mishaps and build a strong security without making the way easier for the hackers. Spare a few seconds to follow the security tips and be safe.