Galaxy S2 GT I9100 holders now have all the reason to feel glad after reading this article. This article is going to provide you step by step guide, how you can have room for the latest firmware version of Android i.e. v4.2 Jelly Been in your Galaxy S II. It’s not an official software update from Samsung but we should happy that developers are trying their level best for the custom ROM firmwares. This can give you a chance to experience the latest jellybean 4.2 firmwares with the help of custom ROM firmware before the official release.
Thought Jellybean 4.2 is the latest platform, which comes with many new features but this Jellybam custom ROM has its own features. The Jellybam 4.2 Firmware for Galaxy S2 GT I9100 comes with features such as;
1- AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID
2- Latest CM10/AOKP sync patched Kernel
3- Brings Google apps from android 4.2
4- Lockscreen with x8 Custom app targets
5- New Photo sphere and panorama works
6- Android 4.2’s Gallery, Camera and KeyBoard
7- 4.2 Jelly Bean Clock
8- 4.2 Jelly Bean Google play music
9- Custom JellyBam Settings with preferences
10- Range of Customizations
11- JellyBam style themes and Mods
12- Aroma installer
13- Latest Siyah and DorimanX
14- New Mali driver
15- Exynos HWComposer
What you should do before going for the Firmware update?
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to make sure whether the device is rooted or not.)
- A computer, where you can do all your require downloads
- You should back up all your important data. Please don’t backup your data with the help KIES PC Tool as it’s an unofficial custom ROM firmware.
Backup your SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”, contacts via Sync with the Gmail application, call log by the help of Call Log and Restore. You may use SD card to copy your images, songs, videos, files, etc.
Note: Don’t use ROM MANAGER to backup the data as it cause brick the device and we won’t be responsible for any damages here.
- Keep at least 50 percent of battery level as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned off during the firmware update that can restart your entire work.
- Ensure that the USB debugging option is enabled. To enable the USB Debugging just head up to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
If you have a rooted device and you’ve been backed up all your data or after finishing all the above steps, you may go for the latest Android 4.2 firmware update.
How to install Jellybam 4.2 Custom ROM firmware update in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 (Step by Step Tutorial)?
- Use your PC to download the unofficial Jellybam 4.2 custom ROM. After you finished the download then connect your Galaxy S II to the PC via original USB cable and place the zip file in your phone.
- After placing the zip file, disconnect and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Hold the “Volume Up button” plus the “Home key button” (the middle button) to enter in to the Recovery mode. While holding these both buttons, turn ON your phone. You can even do it by opening the ROM manager app, which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store and then choose the option reboot device into recovery mode.
- In this mode choose “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If your phone starts normally, then you will need to retry the procedure by entering the phone in the recovery mode again.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” to choose the file of Jellybam which you have already placed in your phone’s SD Card.
- Once the file is selected, then wait for 2 minutes for installing the Jellybam 4.2 Custom ROM package in Galaxy S2. Once you see the message of “installing from SD card completed” at the bottom of the screen, then need select “Go Back” option and so as “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. It will take longer time than expected for rebooting your Galaxy S II.
This is all about how to install Jellybam 4.2 custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Well, you can check the software update by going to “settings->about phone and then scroll down to see the firmware and builds.” However there are no officially announcement of Jellybean 4.2 firmware yet available over OTA by Samsung.
Disclaimer: To get the latest firmware update of Jellybam 4.2, follow all the above instructions discussed in this article. Note that this is an unofficial custom ROM update, so it obviously has bugs. If you find any of them then feel free to discuss with us via comment option below. If you did any damages to your device during this procedure then we won’t be held responsible for that. Yes, we can try our level best to solve your problem in this process in case you face any issues.